Powered By Blogger

Stretch

Sunday 3 July 2011

Allison - Drawing For Stretch


Written by - Allison Jeffreys


Drawing has always been a part of my life ever since I could remember. But in the recent years I found myself drawing less and less. The reason for this is because I kept having the feeling that what I was drawing was worthless. No real idea or meaning.  No Purpose. What I put down on paper didn't really mean anything to me. 










So when I was I asked to draw for the Stretch Reviews I was a little reluctant. I was nervous that this feeling would just stick with me and I wouldn't be able to keep up with what was needed from me. But I decided to go ahead, and just try my best. 





This was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Teaming up with Stretch ha brought me out of my creative slump. I have the urge to draw again. Not only to draw, but I've been inspired to create more. Sew, animate, design, write, act...  






I know what I'm making is going on to something more, and knowing what I'm drawing is actually connected to something, is really important to me. And even though my arts attention is based mostly on whatever attention Stretch gets, I'm happy that my art is helping him portray the kind of videos he has set out to make.

It's a truly blissful feeling. Thank you Stretch. 

No comments: